In her development plan, a pastoral centre stands out as a major vehicle through which the diocese intends to continue her work of development outside the four walls of the Church, touching the lives of other members of our immediate society and neighborhoods, who do not necessarily belong to the Catholic faith or even the Christian fold. The diocese is more inspired to do this under the mandate of Our Lord Jesus Christ, who came "that they may have life, and have it more abundantly, *Jn 10:10* The proposed pastoral centre will offer spiritual, pastoral and evangelization programmes as well as hospital services. It will also have professional management component with capabilities and competencies in the following areas: Spiritual Development, Human Resource Management and Career Counseling.
The mandate of the Centre will evolve from the concern
• to educate and form persons who would promote a society founded on Truth, built on Justice and animated by Love.
• Grounded in the principles of Catholic Social Teaching, PasDev seeks to promote social responsibility through training and education in partnership with the public/private sectors and civil society.
• Offers training seminars for companies, institutions, NGOs and other interested agencies in these and other related areas:
• S.W.O.T. Analysis
• Social Responsibility and Investment
• Ethics and Professionalism
• Personal Values
• Life Skills
• Spirituality for the Workplace
• Personal Development
• Time Management
• Interpersonal Relations and Communications
• Self Motivation
• Stress Management
• Conflict Resolution & Management
• Team Building
• Work Ethic
• Work and Human Dignity
• Marriage and Family
• Youth and Career Development
We appeal to individuals, organization, institutions and agencies to help us realize a pastoral centre for the Catholic Diocese of Awgu by donating to this account:
The people of Awgu geographical circumscription were a deeply religious people; who before the advent of Christianity in Igboland had a common religious heritage of a belief in One, Unseen, Omnipotent God. This Almighty God was referred to as Ali Awgu (the Awgu earth goddess).Continue reading >
Rev. Fr. Lawrence Eze
P.O. Box 256, Awgu. Enugu State Nigeria.
MOBILE:07055073793, 08091459755, 08063275076