Achi joint Hospital was established in October 1965 by the government of Eastern Nigeria, the then Catholic Diocese of Enugu and Achi Catholic Community and was handed over to the Catholic Diocese of Awgu to manage, since t was easier for the Diocese both to employ trained personnel from abroad and to train workers.
The Hospital runs 24 hours services and rendered medical care to the people of Oji River of Enugu State, Awgu, Udi and Ezeagu L.G.A.s, Orumba L. G. A. of Anambra State, Isikwuato and Okigwe L. G. A. of Abia State and Imo State respectively.
• Achi Joint Hospital offers 24 hours laboratory services in chemical pathology, micro biology and hemathology.
• Serves as practical training centre for Schools of Health Technology Oji River and Inyi.
• EPI sentinel surveillance centre.
• C. C. C. R. N. Centre for Management of HIV, AIDs, STIs.
• Centre for virology and Disease Surveilance for Enugu State Ministry of Health.
• Enugu State Ministry of Health T. B & DOT Centre
• Eye Clinic for the Masses
• Gynaecological & Obstetrical Clinic
• Ultra Sound Clinic every Saturday
Finally, the hospital runs 24 hours services.
The people of Awgu geographical circumscription were a deeply religious people; who before the advent of Christianity in Igboland had a common religious heritage of a belief in One, Unseen, Omnipotent God. This Almighty God was referred to as Ali Awgu (the Awgu earth goddess).Continue reading >
Rev. Fr. Lawrence Eze
P.O. Box 256, Awgu. Enugu State Nigeria.
MOBILE:07055073793, 08091459755, 08063275076